Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

60 Seconds with Suprotim Agarwal

60 seconds with Suprotim Agarwal:


Every accomplishment starts with the Decision and the Will to try


VJ caught up with Suprotim Agarwal, MVP in ASP/ASP.NET Architecture, to get his view on the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Program(MVP).

VJ: Please tell us about your self.
Suprotim: I am an ASP.NET Architecture MVP and work as an Independent Architect Consultant providing consultancy on how to design and develop .NET centric database solutions. I hold a degree in Computer Management and have been working with .NET technologies ever since its 1.0 beta release, way back in 2000.

I am the founder and primary contributor to http://www.dotnetcurry.com/, http://www.devcurry.com/ and http://www.sqlservercurry.com/. I am also a Top Answerer in the ASP.NET forums.

When I am not exploring a technology, I spend my time watching movies, playing strategic video games and checking out the latest gadgets.

VJ: What motivated you to become an MVP
Suprotim:
I have been very passionate about technology. Being the inquisitive type I am, I used to often try out new things in technology and thereby face challenges. Technical communities like MSDN and ASP.NET forums are where I used to find most of the solutions to the challenges I faced. Amongst the answerers, I used to observe people having MVP title’s providing excellent solutions. I felt grateful and obliged for the time these people took out to solve problems of users. This motivated me more than anything else to become one myself.

VJ: Please share with us your journey of becoming an MVP.
Suprotim: In the year 2006, I started giving shape to my motivation and made it a goal. I started actively participating in the MSDN communities and ASP.NET Communities. A year later, I was the Top Answerer at the forums and was made Moderator of MSDN Forums, which motivated me, further. I also started realizing that a lot of people had similar issues and they often felt an urge to use technology to its fullest. However most of them could not find time to do it. Thus http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ was born where I dedicated my time to write articles, tips and tricks about .NET and related technologies. Since I was also inclined towards SQL Server database, I started http://www.sqlservercurry.com/. Microsoft recognized my contributions and me an MVP. I feel proud that I am a Microsoft MVP and hope to continue being one till I retire J

“Every accomplishment starts with the Decision and the Will to try.”


VJ: Tell us about your MVP Summit experience
Suprotim:
Rocking! I got to meet technical honchos, each brilliant in their own fields. I also met enthusiasts like you who had the motivation of contributing to the communities in their own way. There were technical sessions, interactions with the product team, feedbacks, group discussions, keynotes from executives and much more, including a Rocking Party! We MVP’s were pampered with good food, comfortable accommodation and free gifts. It was overall a brilliant experience that words alone cannot describe. You got to be an MVP to experience one!

VJ: Any message to technologists
Suprotim:
There's a very simple principle that I follow in life and I will take this opportunity to share it with all the readers of dotnetvj.com.

If you dream about doing a lot of things, but haven't been able to achieve much, then you are just a dreamer. Add a date and time to your dreams and that becomes a Goal. And once a Goal is set, do ‘everything’ possible to reach it. During the process, if you start feeling that your goals cannot be reached, do not adjust your goals, adjust the steps taken to reach the Goal. Remember motivation is what gets you started but determination is what keeps you going. So Never, Never, Never give up!

No comments: