Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Interesting Observation on IntelliSense in SQL Server – Part 1

In my previous article I talked about one interesting observation on SQL Server Intellisense. Today I came across another one. I hope Microsoft is going to improve the intellisense in the next release of Service Pack or probably in the next version of SQL Server.

I am using following statement to create a new table and load the data.

SELECT * INTO EMP_TMP
FROM EMPLOYEES


And then querying data from new table, There is nothing wrong the below statement. It is just that Intellisense is not updated with the information.

SELECT * FROM EMP_TMP

If you look at the below screen shot there is red line around EMP_TMP table. When I hover the mouse on EMP_TMP it displays “Invalid Object Name ‘EMP_TMP’”.

No comments: