Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

60 seconds with Jacob Sebastian

60 seconds with Jacob Sebastian:


VJ caught up with Jacob Sebastian, MVP in SQL Server, to get his view on the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Program(MVP).


VJ: Please Tell us about your self.
Jacob:
I am a SQL Server Consultant based in Ahmedabad, India. I am a Microsoft MVP (SQL Server) and a Moderator at MSDN and Technet Forums. I volunteer with the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) as PASS Regional Chapter Coordinator for Asia and I run a SQL Server User Group in Ahmedabad, India. I am a regular columnist at SQLServerCentral and I blog regularly at http://beyondrelational.com/blogs/jacob/default.aspx. I just completed my first book; "The Art of XSD - SQL Server XML SChema Collections" and I am a contributing author in Paul Nielson's book: "SQL Server 2008 Bibile."I started my database career in the early nineties with Dbase and then moved to Clipper, Foxpro and finally to SQL Server. I have been working with SQL Server for over 11 years starting with SQL Server 6.5. I am a regular speaker at local User Groups and SQL Server Events. I am also a SQL Server trainer and I teach at various SQL Server classes across the country.

VJ: What motivated you to become an MVP
Jacob:
I don’t have a clear answer to this question, but I am very grateful to Microsoft giving me the MVP award and my MVP friends who nominated me and supported me always.

VJ: Please share with us your journey of becoming an MVP.
Jacob: I had been contributing to the SQL Server community through my blogs, articles at SqlserverCentral and on the MSDN forums. I think this is what brought me the MVP award.

VJ: Tell us about your MVP Summit experience
Jacob:
The MVP Summit experience was great. The most interesting part was the meeting with the SQL Server Product Team. We spent a number of quality hours at Microsoft campus and it was just great.

VJ: Any message to technologists
Jacob: Almost all of us have a very tight work schedule and finding time for learning is really hard. I would like to encourage everyone to plan the schedules in such a way so as to allocate some time for learning regularly.

No comments: